Wednesday, April 16, 2008

From the Logbook...Left Seat

The last time I flew an aircraft was the first day of March. Yesterday I had my first flight in which I was the one flying. Granted, it was just a local flight to work through some maneuvers, stalls, and a few landings but I think it went well overall. Even after just a month and a half, there is some rust creaping in to some of the finer points of my flying, but that should be knocked off soon. Regardless of the reason for yesterday's flight, it was FUN! That is what it is supposed to be...right? Hopefully as my training flights progress we will actually start working into the airstrips in the Sierra on the road to letting my fly solo.

On a licensing note...I still don't have it. Things are still getting closer and I should have everything they are asking me for submitted today. Then it may just be a waiting game. Best case scenario would be that I have my license next week. Pray with us about that. As far as visas go...same deal. Everything is submitted to immigration, we are just waiting now.

Overall, things have gone really well in our setup here in Mexico. In fact, because we have accomplished so much here at home, at "work," and all other areas of our life, it feels like we have been here a LOT longer than 3.5 weeks. This is simply a praise to God! He has accomplished more than we ever could have with our best efforts, just as we have been praying. PTL!

No comments: