Monday, April 7, 2008

Electroencefolowhat?

This past Friday...after getting lost for a bit, I began the process of obtaining my flight physical. It sounds like I will be able to get all of it done here in Oaxaca. Once I finally found the doctor's office, I began the 30 minute test for the electroencefolografia (say that 5 times fast with a Spanish accent!). For those who don't know what this is...it is a brain wave test. Imagine the pictures of people you have seen with numerous wires stuck to their head as they lay down and a doctor prints out page after page of results. After the doctor was done, he seemed pleased and determined that I am sufficiently crazy to want to fly small airplanes.

Next, I walked about 3 blocks to a small hospital to take a chest X-ray. This was basically a non-event, except they had to do it three times. The first time, they didn't adjust the image big enough. In their words, I had "stinkin' huge lungs." The second time they still didn't make it big enough, and the third time was the charm.

This morning I am hoping to complete the whole process. Soon I will be out the door to get the remainder of my tests done at the local transportation authority.

Also, it appears that all of our visa paperwork has been completed and submitted to immigration. Join us in prayer that those involved with approvals, stamps, signatures, etc., will push us on through quickly. We'll keep you updated.

No comments: