Friday, June 27, 2008

From the Logbook...The Small Things

I had another flight taking a load of workers into the Sierra today. I seemed to fill the airplane up with workers returning to Oaxaca as well. One thing that is fun to do is joke with the people of the various communities we go to. They all recognize me as new, and therefore I get asked questions like "how long you been flying?" "have you landed/taken off from X before?" "is this your first flight?" etc, etc. It is a lot of fun to play on their ignorance and tell them that yes it is my first landing...not just into their community, but my first landing EVER! Quickly they see that I am just joking, and although I am the new pilot on the block, I do know what I am doing.

I have posted a few pics recently on my Flickr site with some of the wildflowers coming up. Above is another (I think an Indian Paintbrush) that I found while hiking around the other day. They are a great lesson relating to how short Jesus says our lives are...blooming one day and gone the next. A great to reminder to live every day to it's fullest, never knowing when we will be face to face with our Creator.

No comments: