Wednesday, June 4, 2008

From the Logbook...Solo Flight!

I finally made my first solo flight here in Mexico today. It was great to be turned loose! The weather was definitely a fight though. With the terrain we fly into here, it can be even more challenging. Weather and terrain don't mix. The terrain ALWAYS wins. But, after taking some detours I finally made it to my first landing at Amoltepec. Training never stops in the aviation world, but for now, it is nice to be able to put into practice all that I have been learning during my pilot career.

These were my first passengers. They were a nice grandparent type couple. They look a lot meaner and unhappy in this picture than they really were. Little did they know until we landed that they were my first "victims."

After fighting a little bit of weather to make it back to Oaxaca, I flew right over Monte Alban as I entered the traffic pattern for landing. It's quite a sight to see from the air. The recent rains have really greened it up as well since the last time we visited the place a few weeks ago.

No comments: