Monday, June 23, 2008

From the Logbook...A Little Spare Time

I had two flights today, mostly taking people into the mountains. It seems like Mondays we take a lot of people into the mountains and Friday's they are ready to come out.

While in Amoltepec (above picture) on my second flight, I had great weather and no reason to hurry back to Oaxaca so I explored for around 30 minutes seeing what was around the runway. As seen by the picture above, the views were sweet and vast. I love being in mountains and you are definetly in them while flying to the strips here in Mexico. The wind was a little strong today which made for interesting and VERY challenging landings. On my first approach into AMO I had to go around due to a big horse I saw at the last moment before landing. The horse owner was thankfully there for my second attempt holding the horse well out of the way from the runway. Airplanes and horses don't mix well I suppose and I don't ever want to find out.

2 comments:

Javier said...

Men i love that view.

Regards,
Javier.

Rebecca said...

Thanks Javier...appreciate the comments!