Sunday, June 15, 2008

From the Logbook...A Little of Everything

Friday's flights were a lot of fun, and a little different from what I am used to. I took off on my first flight deadheading (empty) to the Sierra to pick up passengers at two airstrips. After fighting a little weather to get there, the sky broke wide open and the flight was gorgeous over the ponderosa pine covered mountains. Both landings were uneventful and I was soon on my way back to Oaxaca to get ready for my next flight.

(Blue skies calling me heavenward as I waited for fuel on the Oaxaca ramp)

My second flight consisted of flying the aircraft to our hangar in Mitla, about 25 miles away, so that we could perform a 100 hour maintenance inspection on the aircraft. It was fun to get my hands a little greasy again, as I didn't do a lot of maintenance in Ecuador. We didn't do a whole lot. We got the oil changed, put in some new fuel injectors, and opened up the inspection panels. I will be driving out to Mitla this Monday to help finish the inspection. We have found a weird creaking noise in the nose gear area that needs to be dealt with. Hopefully we can track it down and easily fix it. But my experience is that these things are hard to find and fix. We'll see.

No comments: