Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happenings

We finally got er' done! Early afternoon yesterday we finished getting the washer and dryer online. It is a great feeling to have that done. There was nothing there when we started, except the washer and dryer of course. So we installed the conduit and wiring to power them, then we "Teed" off from the water heater and ran copper tubing to the washer. Then we had to make a small connection from the propane tank to the dryer, and wah-lah, we are in business.

After getting that big job done, I ran around town a little bit trying to find some mesh of some sort to block our upstairs balcony from a certain toddler. I had success, and later installed it after our welcome party.

All of the Alas de Socorro de Mexico staff we there, and we had arachera, a cut of steak here that is simply amazing. I can't wait to eat it with my carnivorous father and father-in-law. I think they will be impressed. It is a far cry from the beef we have been eating the past few years.

A few days ago while downtown, Brooklyn sat down in front of this huge church. Oaxaca has TONS of things to take pictures of. I honestly haven't been taking many pictures. I haven't had time. Hopefully things will begin to settle down a bit. Our internet connection is still very poor. We have decent success late at night and early in the morning with our connection, but all other times are not good. Improving the signal strength is another project that I might get to this afternoon. We'll see...

No comments: