Monday, May 5, 2008

On the Road Again

Tonight, I will be Mexico City bound once again to continue the licensing process in order to legally fly solo here. I leave at 11pm and should arrive around 5am. This should put me with plenty of time to find my testing place, and then some. Traveling through the night is a little bizaar, but it is common here when going to Mexico City. Being that MC is one of the largest cities in the world, avoiding any traffic and stress possible is usually worth the trouble of traveling throught the night. Assuming I come out of my altitude chamber course tomorrow with an approval rating (I should) I only lack one more thing...a check ride.

It seems I am getting a whole new set of requirements to obtain a pilot's license here in Mexico than what was required even a few months ago. They appear to be a lot more labor and time consuming, although not impossible. Once I have turned in my altitude chamber course paperwork to the aviation authority here, I should be able to get an appointment to take my check ride (flight test). This, I am now told, will be in Mexico City in a rented aircraft. Presumably the aircraft and the flying environment will be new to me, but I will investigate all the particulars when they actually give me an appointment. Best case scenario would be that I could stay in Mexico City a few days while I wait to take my check ride, but I doubt things will move that fast. I have a feeling I will be making yet another trip to Mexico City in the near future. The light seems to be growing at the end of the tunnel, but my chickens haven't hatched yet. Keep praying with us as we complete all the paperwork processes here...licenses, visas, etc.

No comments: