Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Little Closer

Man, what a week. As Becca described so beautifully in her blog what this last week has been, we finally began to receive some good news towards the end of this week.

VISAS-Supposedly we are going to receive a call on Monday to tell us what time we are going to be fingerprinted and sign some paperwork on Tuesday to receive our visas. I was a little unclear as to whether or not we are going to actually walk out the door with them on Tuesday, but I think that is the case...let's hope so. Guess what I get to do after we get our visas? I get to start the driver's license process....hurray!

Pilot's License- As far as I can tell...I cannot do anything now other than wait. Finally, the special paperwork that I was waiting for since Monday, arrived yesterday, Friday. It was the orders from the aviation officials in Mexico City authorizing the officials in Oaxaca to do my check ride. I delivered the papers to the officials here in Oaxaca and 2 hours later I was in the airplane doing my check ride. WOW! Things are definetly easier here in little Oaxaca. I had no expectation of doing my check ride yesterday. I thought perhaps early next week. But, the "examiner" here is very nice and flexible and we decided to go for it. Did I mention the fact that I hadn't flown in two weeks, and that almost all of my check ride consisted of two instrument approaches, neither of which I had ever performed? But, PTL, the examiner isn't even a pilot and it was obvious he didn't know much about what I was doing. So, after flying for about an hour, the examiner approved me and went to his office to do his paperwork for me. Another hour later and I was on my way to put the official documents in a next day air envelope to Mexico City with DHL. When I was in Mexico City, they told me it would be a week from the time they received my results until they issued my license. Let's pray that that holds true. I am anxious to be turned loose, but everything happens in God's perfect timing.

No comments: