Saturday, July 5, 2008

From the Logbook...On Call Weekend

I finally have to "blessing" of being the on call pilot this weekend. It has been several months since I have had to spend a Saturday flying. I'm not complaining, I cannot think of many things more fun than flying. Thankfully, I was able to get a flight done this morning. Clouds were lingering on the ridges making our passes all but impassible. We had good reports from the airstrips, making me think that if I could work my way through one of the passes, I would be able to get to the airstrips. Sure enough, after working up into some terrain, I found a way to get through and it broke wide open, at least in front of me. The cloud deck never did get very high, but the scenery once again was beautiful and stunning.

On my return flight to Oaxaca, I did have a "puker." Poor little guy, he just couldn't hold down his cookies. I prided myself in Ecuador for never having a "puker" but here in the mountains of Mexico, there is just too much wind and turbulence to make every ride smooth and soft. At least his mom helped him use the sick sack!

1 comment:

Javier said...

Hi Sean,

I want to ask if you can post more photo's of the "GGU" and the "HYK".

I need those pictures because i want to repaint the 2 airplanes for Flight Simulator.
Just like the MAF airplanes in Ecuador. I did not repaint them anymore because i was very busy with other repaints. But i think these repaints ar a little easy so i want to try to paint them for FS...i need picture more of the side of the airplanes.


King Regards,

Javier Vermaas.